Kum Quat Jam
For 1.5 kg of jam
1 kg kumquat
1250 ml water
½ lemon (the juice)
1250 gr. Sugar
- Wash the kumquat, remove the pips and put them in tulle pits (tie tulle).
- Cut kumquat into very thin slices, place them in a large pot with tulle that is inside the seeds and add water.
- Leave them so for one night. The next day add to skillet the lemon juice and simmer covered foe about 30 minutes until their peel soft.
- Remove tulle seeds and add the sugar to the pot. At low temperature without boiling the jam, we stir until the sugar melts.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, raise the temperatures to strong and boil without stirring for 20 minutes. We test if tied and remove from fire.
- Pour into sterilized hot jars and when the jam cools we seal them.